Monday, November 10, 2008

Can't Slow Down (I'm in love with Brett Dennen)

Monday, November 10, 2008
I'm fallin' for a man who has never seen my face --
I just can't seem to slow down.
His words are like a sweetened wine shakin' me, all twisted up,
into another drunken clown.


I am a lover, and I am a dreamer
I've been that down, and I've loved, and I've lost


There's just something to the sound of this voice,
the way he seems so cool...
Something about his royal reign and noble rule --
it's weavin' me a fool.


I've been a poor man, I've been a rich man
I've made a fortune and I've paid the cost


Yet something in my pitted heart tells me that he'll never know
my shape, my name, the twists of my frame, or the sound of my "Hello."


And I've been cheated, I've been defeated
I've played the game and I've been double crossed



I hear him sing,
"Follow your heart and you won't get lost."





0 comments:

 
Farce of the Blog ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates