Friday, December 26, 2008

Birthday Bash

Friday, December 26, 2008
I imagine that the world will end one day and everyone will be gone except for me and him. We will look around and see the city from a park bench. Everything will be silent and still and smell like the cold. It will be my birthday, one of them anyway, and I will be so old and so gray. He will laugh at me and tell me how surprised he is to see me live so long. I will laugh too and tell him the same and then complain about how my ears are always freezing in that burning cold. There will be cars wrecked in front of us, empty and quiet. A police car in the distance will glitter its lights at us through the fog. I will be handed a box and he will tell me "Happy Birthday" behind a widened grin. I will open the box and pull out a ridiculously embarrassing hat. I will tell him that I'm glad that he will be the only person to ever see me wear it. I will carefully place it upon my head. He will hold my hand. And we will silently celebrate my birthday in that cold and empty city, lighting candles to remember our loved ones and talking in Morse code using our misty breath like letters in the sky.

1 comments:

thevictorio

Dustin O'Halloran makes this twice as beautiful. :)

 
Farce of the Blog ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates